View Single Post
Old 07.01.2014, 05:45 PM   #5102
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
In the emotions of the game I was way to harsh on Clint. He just isn't THAT GUY like we had hoped he could be. Beasley was a beast in this tournament, and we probably should have brought Wondo and Green in a bit earlier considering how much of a spark they brought offensively down the stretch. Bradley played better in THIS match than he had in the past few, I think y'all were to harsh on him, he had an ASSIST and a solid chance at two more if Clint or Jermaine Jones had better capitalized on his passes to them near the goal.. BUT we were always asking too much of Jones to begin with, I am most impressed with his showing in this Cup, he can eat at the grown ups table now. As for Clint? We also asked him to do too much. Jozy's absence was a dagger for our hopes to do any better, indeed it is all the more impressive that we advanced out of our Group without him. Can we dare say that with the statistically worst offense in the Cup having played against some of the strongest teams in the Cup that USA had THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE WORLD CUP??? I dare say so..

As for Clint, he is at Dwyane Wade status now, which was what everybody though Landon was. I think Clint and Landon together would have been a stronger offense, Clint is a great #2 option, and Landon was still sharp enough to have made a difference on this squad considering how basically boring and vanilla our offense was. Literally anything could have helped..

Green proved he is a solid future. More Green and Wondo in the upcoming 2015 Gold Cup. USA wins that and they go to the Confederation Cup. USA needs to play STRONG in the Gold Cup to get into shape for that.. so I hope we can take what we did well in this World Cup and build on it. We won't face teams that difficult for a few more years...\

Props to USA!! A GREAT FUCKING WORLD CUP!!! TOO MUCH FUN!! WORTH THE BUILD UP!!! Fuck the Group of Death, and we even stepped up to Belgium!!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|