View Single Post
Old 07.01.2014, 02:27 PM   #5059
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
You mad? There's only been two bad games. Brazil/Chile was great and so was Germany/Algeria. I guttingly missed the Columbia game so I can;t comment on that one.

Yeah, I'm exaggerating a bit, but all these 80 minutes 0-0 stretches are getting on my nerves..

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
teh game was mega-frustrating but as usual you're looking at the surface.

Its true because I didn't even turn this game on until overtime BUT my point remains valid, 0-0 matches are boring. Yes, there is the obvious tension, but that same tension is there in 1-1 or even 1-0 matches as well, indeed its amplified.

Quote:
argentina didn't fail to score for lack of trying. messi would have 3 men on top of him constantly. are they lacking cohesion? for damn fucking sure. are they terrible? no way.

Sorry, try harder. IF you're truly the best player in the world, fucking score a goal brah, its your job. For example, the Miami Heat may have just lost the Championship, but to be clear, the best player in the NBA was also the highest scoring, most assist, most rebounding player in that series. Even though Heat lost, Lebron did his job. Messi? I'm just not seeing it no matter how many "on-goal" kicks he has, because the point of futbol is to put at least some of those kicks through the goal no?

Quote:
strangely enough, this has been the best argentinian match of the world cup-- once they start cooking with gas you'll have to hide under the table because an earthquake is coming.

If you say so. I can appreciate the nuances and subtleties of a low-scoring futbol match as much as the next guy, BUT this is the Round of 16, these are some of the best teams in the world, I expect at least SOME scoring yo

Quote:
then again maybe sabella fucks it up.

If Argentina couldn't score against the Swiss, they should be careful to think they are favorites. For all the no-scoring games that have happened, the Argentinians did the worst (the French, Dutch, and Germans all managed to pile on a few quick goals at the end of their scoreless matches meanwhile Argentina was a posted on-goal kick by the Swiss away from going to penalty kicks or did you forget that part, hence why scoring goals is important, Argentina scores two goals that Swiss chance never happens)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|