View Single Post
Old 06.14.2014, 03:09 PM   #4426
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Diesel, I didn't say it was entirely on luck, but in ALL sports its definitely about using talent and skill to capitalize on lucky breaks, period. Its the fundamental, in fact, ontological reality of sports! The ball bounces where it bounces, sometimes the refs blows the whistle (or don't) when they will.. Yes, teams with talent obviously take advantage of good luck, because the losing team equally faces the same kind of good or bad luck, and yet they lose. My entire premise is that good teams eventually run out of good luck because by the sheer natural odds they are playing a lot of high stakes games. Shit happens. In particular, my point is this, that when good teams start facing some blatantly bad luck sometimes it causes a psychological break down because what usually works is not working, athletes are human too even championship caliber ones. This wasn't intended to take anything away from Spain, there is a world of difference from capitalizing on good luck and the more pejorative "just getting lucky."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|