View Single Post
Old 06.13.2014, 07:43 PM   #4410
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't think so, the way they are playing they're a strong candidate for the final. even if they somehow don't make it and go for 3rd place that's the top # of games to play. forlán made golden boot with 3rd place.

BUT i'd add robben to the pot. holy fuck it's great to see him play outside of pep's boring shadow. he was ON FIRE. a joy to watch.

Agree. Assuming tonight wasn't just a blip and even if Holland don't make the finals, if Van Persie's in the mood and can stay fit, he's guaranteed to score goals. But I've lost count of seeing Holland blow teams away in early rounds then suddenly come up short when it mattered. Take nothing away from what they did tonight, though, albeit against a truly shocking Spain.

-------

Quote:
A QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW VAN GAAL:

is this a signature system for him? or has he been klopp-inspired?

Not sure how Klopp plays or if Van Gaal even has a signature tactic but I know the system we saw tonight was introduced quite late in their build up to the tournament after Strootman got injured and Van Gaal effectively had to create an entirely different set up. There were serious doubts as to whether they'd even qualify out of the group because of it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|