View Single Post
Old 03.22.2014, 07:18 PM   #53
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
has or will anyone read testo junkie?

"Men and women are isolated units, creatures condemned to constant self surveillance and self control by a rigid sex gender race system. The time they devote to this brutal political arrangement of their subjectivity is comparable to the whole extent of their lives. Once their own vitality has been put to work to reduce their own somatic multiplicity, they become physically weakened beings, incapable of finding any satisfaction in life and dead politically before they have taken their last breath."

i'm halfway through and it's almost embarrassing how precisely the critique elucidates how i've suffered and wasted an awful amount of time and energy on political longings and subjective strivings that are redundant conservative traps.

beatriz is going further than 100% of the hetero/queer theory and politics that i know of. she's abandoning gender and sexuality itself - at least theoretically. if you're frustrated trying to be EITHER male or female and EITHER homo or hetero then this is for you. if you want to understand how sexuality and gender is being inscribed on your body and produced WITHIN you for political purposes, then read it.

she's also gone far beyond the realm of the pronouns in the english language i'm using to describe her.

cannot recommend it highly enough.

dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|