had more reported posts than any other thread since a few of us were made moderators to deal with dozens and dozens of daily spambot posts. In fact, these may be the first non-spam posts that I've seen reported, though I'm not 100% sure about that...
As I mentioned in that thread, I don't read the Non-Sonics forums so I feel particularly lame coming in here and making a sticky thread telling you all to play nice, but here's what happened:
- multiple people reported gast30's posts due to their hateful content
- I looked at the thread and saw people on both sides of the argument, so I looked at gast's posting history and agreed that it was a little disturbing
- I asked the other moderators for advice, we agreed to issue a warning to gast
- I contacted gast to encourage him to try to enjoy the forum without using words like jew, gay, ape, etc in a deliberately incendiary manner
- gast replied with a long message basically disagreeing with my request and saying he would no longer visit the forum
So, here we are. I replied and encouraged gast not to leave, but it's been about a week without response. I didn't intend to drive him away, BUT...
It is the stance of the moderators that while heated debates, nasty arguments, and otherwise dissenting opinions are the seeming lifeblood of this Non-Sonics forum, it should be done without using language that outright attacks individuals in a hateful manner - I don't think I need to explain this further (the thread linked above is a fine example). Any posts that cross this line (and we recognize that it's a blurry, individual line) should be reported and we'll take a look.
Again, I doubt this will be an issue since you all seem to be doing fine so far in your crazy corner of this forum. I'm only posting this long-winded sermon in the interest of transparency and to clearly state what should otherwise be obvious: NO FUCKING HATE SPEECH, DAMMIT!!!