View Single Post
Old 02.07.2014, 03:38 PM   #170
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
on here for the first time in ages since finding out via fb about adam's passing.. such a depressingly tragic loss of an extremely talented guy..

I thought it was interesting to see so many of y'all "real life" facebooks on that tribute. It was very meaningful, especially the Diamond Sea post. I'm glad that this brought us all back even for short while, to remember how this forum has actually been a part of our real lives, not just virtual fun. We have real friendships, real family connections, some us even married each other and started new families. Sonic Youth is a band that we get such few opportunities to talk about with other people outside of the SYG community, we're like Deadheads in that regard. Also, atsonicpark shows that most of us battle the same demons. I've fought mine, and for now, I've been clean for several years, long enough to have even totally forgot what the sensation and feeling of hard drugs even feels like. However, not long enoug to be naive enough to pretend I'm out of the woods. If anything, atsonicpark's passing at 27 reminds me why I so sincerely and passionately celebrating my 28th b-day a few years ago, when you play with drugs, its "buy the ticket take the ride" wherever it goes, and for many, it doesn't get past that

We love and miss you atsonicpark, and will celebrate your life and how we have all shared in it together.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|