View Single Post
Old 12.18.2013, 05:15 PM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

The influence of The Beatles is in songwriting, songcraft, ideas, innovation, and plain old musical skill. When you have musicians, who are hugely influential in their own right, saying they only got into music because of seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, or of hearing their early singles, it shows a depth of appeal that no other act since has come close to matching. Ozzy Osborne himself, whose music would not seem to be influenced by the Beatles states repeatedly that the Beatles were his one and only inspiration to be in a band, to rock. Thank Mario for that.

The Beatles were also the first major act that up and quit performing live, tired of the inadequate technology to amplify their music to a stadium full of people. They focused on writing personal music, personal lyrics, and crafting entire albums of original material. I have already mentioned in another thread how this was HUGE, how most bands before the Beatles recorded mostly covers, or other people's songs, and sprinkled a few self-penned ditties on B-sides or at the tail end of albums.

Agreed, and a great example of how the Beatles were very inspiring to the 1960s, but not necessarily demonstrating any direct influences. I am not disputing this, I'm trying to talk about influence, but everybody is just talking a bunch of shit so fuck it... boring.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|