View Single Post
Old 07.25.2006, 09:18 AM   #11
GL-JC
empty page

GL-JC has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
started off on a good note didn't it? spike jonze and johnny knoxville intro the band! hi-god people were...well interesting. didn't think much of the costume and performance art part, but the music had some good bits, particularly straight after the keyboard part and in the middle section...it was fun hearing people go "what the fuck?" and others cheering away. think they really polarised the audience.

Sonic Youth put on a reasonably good show by general standards. but its my least favourite show out of the 3 times I saw them (past 2 were '96 washing machine, '04 nurse). Those 2 other shows were mind-blowing but this one didn't quite do it for me! guess the reasons are that;
1) the mix was bad (also the first gig i went to where I didn't come out with buzzing in my ears, and I wasn't wearing ear-plugs!)
2) songs in RR really don't have parts that would kick ass live! its the old stuff they played that had it! (eg. expressway, I went nuts when they played that!) but that's not saying RR sucks though.
3) one very impt man is missing: Jim O'rourke!

'til the next one... and hopefully they'll play forum instead
GL-JC is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|