View Single Post
Old 09.28.2013, 12:33 PM   #941
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
Yeezus might actually be my fav album of the year. if not fav then most played... EASILY. to me it's the sound of someone (talentless or not, that's up yo y'all) who DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK. the definite sound of that shit. rivalling trout mask replica. rivalling any fall album. rivalling twin infinities. rivalling the coolest VU album. that's what i look for in music and that's why i love yeezus

Hell yeah. I completely agree, though I think Kanye had given a fuck in the past, about a lot of important things. But I believe the vacant, moronic, materialistic interests of his American audience, who write more about how fat his girlfriend looks in sex tapes than they do about his complete revitalization of hip hop, have probably discouraged him and turned him into an intentional boundary pusher.

Intentional boundary pushing is pretty much the definition of punk. Whether the boundaries are political, social, or sonic/musical really doesn't matter.
Kanye' created an album that is polarizing and confrontational and sharp as a razor to the wrist. And yeah, it's probably my favorite album of the year too. Thought it would be Yo La Tengo, Black Bug, Flaming Lips, or Nature Noir, but Yeezus is more punk than all those records combined.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|