View Single Post
Old 09.27.2013, 08:32 PM   #193
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Bill Simmons from Grantland proposed that the Texans offer the Steelers a first round draft pick and Matty Schaub for Rothlisberger.

I bet that would rule.

I love Bill Simmons, I love Grantland, I read him every week for years now, and I have even taken to sending him snarky emails boasting about his shit picks in Ravens games (I started this after the beat down of his Patriots last January, I know he reads or has an intern read most of emails, so I like to send them hoping the friendly trash talk kicks him in the balls a bit..)

Here is his recent comments about that:

Quote:
Has anyone made the "it's like Crystal Palace and Norwich City playing a Premier League game in New York City" joke yet? If so, I'll take it. Anyway, in Monday's podcast with Cousin Sal, I suggested that the Steelers should blow it up and trade Ben Roethlisberger to Houston for Matt Schaub and a first-round pick. That was immediately followed by dozens of Steelers fans e-mailing me various ways to have sex with myself. Kudos to Pete in Wexford, Pennsylvania, for suggesting that I buy a Tom Brady bobblehead on eBay and see how far I can cram it up my ass while "filming it for your piece of shit YouTube Channel." We might have to try that! From the producers of House Eats 3, it's Tom Brady Bobblehead Ass Cram! Well, what if Houston offered Schaub and TWO first-round picks? Would you consider it then? Would the Texans do it? (Cut to Houston fans nodding "yes" vigorously with tears in their eyes.) Where are you headed with a 32-year-old QB who has already taken a ton of hits and now finds himself stuck on a crummy team with a Swiss cheese offensive line? It's worth a conversation, at least. I wouldn't deal Big Ben — instead, I'd come up with a fake injury for him around Week 8 (to guarantee a top-five pick), then shelve him until 2014 so he didn't keep getting shellacked. But this Sunday in London? I think he drives his trade value up against Minnesota's violently awful pass defense.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|