View Single Post
Old 09.27.2013, 09:51 AM   #931
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Kanye West IS the #1 rock (well... pop) star in the world.

Seriously bro, that is very debatable. In way, Taylor Swift or One Direction can be argued as more popular in the pop world, so again, for Kanye to say he is as big as Michael Jackson is simply ridiculous hubris with no apologies..

Quote:
And rap is the new rock.

Dude, Kanye is big, but in the rap world he is not the biggest, just one of the biggest.

Quote:

And while he may not be as big as Michael Jackson, that is a matter of opinion. He's sold records at roughly the same pace as MJ,

Again, in connection with global name recognition, even within his own time let alone posthumously, how can Kanye even begin to remotely compare himself to Michael Jackson? Even Michael Jackson, who was one of the sincerely nicest people to ever live, would probably give an implied face palm..

Quote:

Relatively speaking, people talk more about Kanye than Michael.

(a) You're talking out of your ass, when Michael Jackson passed away in 2009 the popular feedback loop made Kanye look like some unknown coffee shop artist in comparison, seriously.

(b) Michael Jackson suffered a lot of slander and gossip, you have to compare Michael Jackson in say 1985 or 1991 to Kanye in 2004 and 2012/13 for a fairer comparison, and its apples to insignificantly lesser artificially flavored apple drink

Quote:
Kanye's a more interesting musician in my opinion, and lyrically they're on a par. Actually Kanye kills Michael. I'm just trying to be respectful here.

FUCK THAT SHIT YO. You need to go back and listen to Michael Jackson again, because seriously, I don't mind you liking Kanye, BUT DON'T EVER TRY AND SEE THAT HE IS ABOVE MICHAEL JACKSON EVER AGAIN, ITS NOT HAPPENING BROTHER, PERIOD. I bet even Kanye himself would disagree with you!!!

Quote:

If the people were smarter, Kanye would be as big as the Beatles. Of all the artists to make it over the last decade, absolutely nobody can compare with Kanye's mindblowing musical, cultural, and media influence.

If you were smarter you'd realize how absolutely stupid that sounds. How does Kanye even remotely compare to the Beatles? Kanye did not have anywhere near the cultural and musical influence and impact the Beatles had. The Beatles inspired everybody to start a band, from the Grateful Dead to Black Sabbath, and just about every band since, probably including Kanye himself credits Beatles as an influence! My mind is blown that you honestly believe the guy is mindblowing artistically?

Quote:

So glad people are getting over nickelback, the previous "biggest" "rock" ...thing... in the... Canada. ugh, fuckit.

To me, Kanye is the nickelback of rap, in fact, I'd probably rather listen to nickelback personally

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|