View Single Post
Old 09.23.2013, 04:35 PM   #183
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
That is the just the law of averages again. Texans had a lot of low penalties and a lot of TDs, so averages caught up with them, they didn't score any TDs and had a few extra penalties. By the way, how did the law of averages catch with Ravens? We already gave up 7 TDs in our first game, it was only logical that we'd tighten it up. So what do I expect for the Ravens next Sunday? Naturally for the Ravens to give up a few TDs to the Bills, and possibly even lose the game to go 2-2 (which I wouldn't complain about by the way).. I also expect Patriots to lose in Atlanta because (a) its the Georgia Dome, (b) Atlanta hasn't choked on offense instead Dolphins got a lucky play and Falcons defense actually improved in the loss to Miami with 5 sacks so there is something to build on (c) the Law of Averages dictates there is just NO WAY that Patriots will rise to 4-0 (when even they admit they've been getting really really lucky) while the better Falcons fall 1-3 at home??

Averages are the name of the game, and its what makes sports so damned exciting for for a short moment, we think we glimpse a team beating the average. However, nobody beats the Law of Averages just like nobody beats Father Time, an given a large enough sample size of games played, it always evens out . Sports becomes so much more predictable than it isn't..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|