View Single Post
Old 09.20.2013, 03:36 PM   #164
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
In my opinion, Peyton Manning is the BEST QB in the modern day era. Just because his success doesn't translate to the post season doesn't mean he is any less of a QB.

Maybe I should use the other side of the coin to make my point. In NO WAY would anyone argue that Eli Manning is a Top 5 QB......he simply isn't! However, his Superbowl MVP along with two rings is something to behold, but should never be confused as being a all time great QB.

In a lot of ways, Peyton Manning is like the Atlanta Braves of the 90's. Only the NY Yankee's won more games than the Braves during this decade. The Toronto Blue Jays won back to back World Series in 92/93, but there is no doubt Atlanta has been the more successful franchise.

But that is what is a bunch of hyped bullshit. Sounds like Peyton Manning fans just want to try and stretch his greatness to hide the reality that the guy hasn't won big in the play-offs in about a decade, even when he is favored seemingly every year, just like last year, just like he is favored this year. I think 25 years from now, people will remember Peyton as the flawed superstar who just couldn't seem to get it done when it counted. By the way, with TWO Superbowls in the past six years, including MVPs, how is Eli NOT the better Manning career wise? SERIOUSLY? Because Peyton has better season stats, meanwhile Eli has more "big" plays each year. They are different types of QBs, but Eli's style has obviously translated into more success. Remember, its not all about Fantasy numbers, at the end of the day its about wins, period. Look at how much vitriolic shit Lebron got when he was clearly the best player in the NBA and yet couldn't translate it into big play-off wins? Now, two Championships and three consecutive Finals appearances have changed that, and if Lebron falls out of playoff success the torch of "best in the league" will very obviously be passed to who is winning then..

Joe Flacco admittedly puts up pedestrian stats, and gets plenty of ridicule, but in 6 six years the guy is 9-4 career in the post-season, with a Superbowl and Superbowl MVP to boot, and is the first QB EVER to win a play-off game in every one of his first seasons. Do I think Cool Joe is the best in the game? Of course not. BUT, wins don't lie, and Peyton is missing just a few of them when it counts

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|