View Single Post
Old 09.20.2013, 02:14 PM   #162
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Let me reiterate my bias. I FUCKING DESPISE ALL those over-hyped NFL superheros who dominate the sports pages. Really. How fucking great is Peyton Manning when the guy is 9-12 career in the playoffs and hasn't won a Superbowl in years? Same with Tom Brady. Its like, yeah, these guys put up phenomenal stats, but so does Matt Stafford, and so did Drew Brees last year! Stats aren't everything in football, as the late Al Davis said, "Just win baby!!"

So when Ravens sent Brady home in 2009 it was like a fucking fantasy for me, like Suggs said, "Arrogant fucks!!!!" Same thing with Manning, if I have to hear Cris Collinsworth cream his pants one more damned time while mentioning the name "Pey-tuuun Mann-in" in that Northern Ohio drawl I will officially STOP watching Sunday Night football.

So yeah, Ravens are a slugging team, we like being shit on and hated by the media, it makes it so much sweeter when we send home the anointed NFL kings and dictators home packing in an early exit. Of course, it also is what made those two Manning losses and especially the Brady loss last year so epically painful. The way Broncos fans were caught crying on YouTube after the Ravens win, is how we Ravens fans were crying at the loss to the Patriots in 2012. I think I honestly cried, seriously.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|