View Single Post
Old 07.24.2006, 06:51 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space_monkey
would you like to change with me ,c' mon!

hah, sure, if you agree to pay me a 50% of your profits every week

actually, being self-employed is not such a cakewalk. you have to always hustle for new customers, you don't know when you're getting paid, and occasionally someone may try to give you the shaft (some cocksucker fucked me out of $500 once a couple of years ago, with some lame excuses-- he was 4 states away so i couldn't do much except smear his reputation. but if i ever see him i'll make sure he pays.).

in spite of the obstacles, i would not change this for anything. i'll happily put up with the risky lifestyle and the 16-hour workdays for the satisfaction of a) having no boss, b) work on my pajamas when the mood strikes, c) set my own hours, even though they might be ultra-long at times, and d) profit for nobody but myself. well of course i add value to my customers' businesses, but that's more a matter of pride than of having someone cracking the whip at me and such shit.

ps- like sonicsphere, i was in gradschool for ages, but i got tired of the poverty.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|