View Single Post
Old 08.18.2013, 07:42 PM   #3673
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
You're right, but it's an unusual situation. It's not often that a manager's replaced straight after winning the CL. It's not even the same as the Chelsea scenario, where DiMatteo freakily led a troubled side to the title. Bayern had evolved into probably the strongest side in Europe with a formula that definitely had at least another couple of seasons in it. But Heynckes has gone, and I do believe Bayern's future is in better hands with Pep even if their current period of transition might be a bit premature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
In fact, that suspension of Klinsmann is why we only beat Panama 1-0. We struggled to score because we didn't have those magical Jurgen readjustments.

A touchline ban wouldn't have stopped Klinsmann making his 'magical readjustments'. He's allowed to communicate with the dugout during the game, just not physically sit there. It's one of the most pointless, ineffective 'punishments' in football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pad_023
Excited for the start of the premiership today.

This is how my predictor came out on the bbc's website

1) Manchester City
2) Chelsea
3) Man Utd
4) Tottenham
5) Arsenal
6) Liverpool
7) Swansea
8) Everton
9) West Brom
10) West Ham
11) Fulham
12) Southampton
13) Newcastle
14) Aston Villa
15) Cardiff
16) Norwich
17) Sunderland
18) Stoke
19) Crystal Palace
20) Hull

I think it will be very close between Chelsea and Manchester City this season. Moyes will have a decent first season in charge of United and will finish third.
Tottenham will edge Arsenal for 4th this season.

Not sure how well Martinez will do Everton, could see them dropping down into the mid table pack.

I think Cardiff will stay up and have a fairly decent season.

Stoke, Palace and Hull to get relegated.

Early doors, obviously, but Cardiff looked terrible against West Ham. I thought they'd be the promoted side most likely to stay up but I'm not sure now. I hate the idea of all the promoted sides going straight back down but it could be the case.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|