Thread: Makes me sad...
View Single Post
Old 07.24.2006, 01:05 PM   #65
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
So would it be experimentation if they started writing BAD songs too? "Well, we've never written bad songs before...this is experimental!". If this is what Thurston comes up with on an acoustic, that's probably part of why they didn't do it much. I'm not saying they can't come up with good stuff anymore. SYR6 was good stuff. Granted, pure noise. If they had taken the pop of Rather Ripped and the experimental nature of SYR6, maybe it would be better. But just because you've never written your songs on an acoustic guitar before doesn't mean you're experimenting. And again, I'm not even saying they have to experiment, or be noisy. My friend makes a good argument that they haven't been very experimental at all on their proper albums since EVOL (I disagree, but that's not the point).

And whether or not they're selling out, I'm not interested in, to be honest.
Lipslikewindows is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|