View Single Post
Old 08.06.2013, 10:57 AM   #3630
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

i'd love to have a local team that i can follow, but there's simply nothing.

That's why the MLS has to expand to a proper pro-rel inter-league system. There isn't a future in huge franchise teams with 40k+ stadiums. They tried the imported talent and mega-club route before (NY Cosmos?) More divisions means more teams that'll inevitably have to target smaller communities for their fanbase. That could be where those districts within cities that have a stronger football/soccer following (either because of their ethnic make up or whatever) could really come into their own. Moving scouting away from the colleges and the has-beens' agents and into the local parks where it belongs. That's where you'll find the little genius who a community, and maybe the country overall, can really get behind. It just takes the patience to start from the bottom and build from there. Yuma FC. That's a team I'd want to support.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|