View Single Post
Old 08.05.2013, 08:38 PM   #667
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
nope. But did you read Jay's book Decoded? I really enjoyed it and bet you would too.

No. I actually had no idea that he'd even written a book, which (if you knew me personally) is pretty surprising. I grew up reading music biographies and autobiographies. Didn't even matter if I liked the band or artist, really. I just walked into Barnes and Noble-- back when that was kind of a special occasion kind of thing, for coastal urban types, like my writer father and my professor mother (a.k.a. "Dr. Mom") and sniff out the "Entertainment" section like a bloodhound, and read about everyone from Aerosmith to Frank Zappa.

I haven't done that in a while, mainly because popular music has become such a fucking nightmare that I don't care about it anymore. Well, that, and I'm a reeeeally big fucking nerd, and I've long since given up trying to hide it. So I spend most of my time on sci-fi, cognitive neuroscience/psychology, and behavioral philosophy books. But now that hip hop has become THE dominant genre of the era, I think I'm ready to dive back in. I've read only a precious few books about hip hop, and most of them are from the mid-90's. I will read this Decoded toot sweet! Thank you!

Everyone YouTube Jay talking about the "gap between the 'haves' and the 'have-nots'" growing so massive that eventually, there won't be enough police in the world to handle the uprising that our nation is currently allowing to metastasize like a cancer. It was a jaw dropper to hear that come out of the mouth of the man so many view as being such an empty human being.

Maher compared him to the Beatles though, which he obviously (and very correctly) found absurd. Now Kanye... Maybe. Maybe.

My posts are long, and pretty scatterbrained. Sorry about all that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|