View Single Post
Old 07.22.2013, 03:33 PM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
yes, but in this particular instance there is good reason to remain stubborn, its a matter of principle. If you sell out your principles for the sake of polite conversation, nothing gets accomplished. Racism is an oblivious disease. Sometimes people need to be shouted out to come to the realization that they are infected. I'm very stubborn about these kinds of matters, yes even admittedly mule headed, but these are fundamental, core issue. I can't bitch out. The flag has got to be hoisted!

but that's the flag of self-defeat. resentment is toxic and addictive. it leads to self-destruction.

and i'm not after polite conversation, i'm after some kind of "truth," which in order to be pursued requires openness to other points of view. i'm not threatened by "other" ideas and over the years i've changed my position on a lot of issues because i discover and see new things. being open-minded is not being a sellout. and braying in anger only makes one's ideas look ridiculous which is why i laughed the other day. obama explained it better.

so, in short-- your racialized ideology is doomed to fail because it perpetuates self-destructive resentment and the shirking of responsibility by externalizing all blame to an abstract "white man." IT'S A WASTE OF TIME. it's better to spend one's time making something useful rather than holding on to ancient grudges.

and yes, i see racism every day, even coming from "nice people", but that's not an excuse to fuck up or stop working or to waste life in anger. or to think that *everything is about race*.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|