View Single Post
Old 07.13.2013, 03:29 PM   #3388
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
the problem with the usa is that (as far as i know anyway) there is not established system for recruiting and cultivating young talent. i don't mean 18 year olds, i mean 6 year olds like neymar who was "discovered" playing on the beach. 6! messi was taken from argentina to barcelona when he was 12.

the other problem is "soccer moms". basically american "soccer" is a middle class sport that requires "moms" in minivans carting children around from one place to another and incompetent coaches instructing kids to kick and run, kick and run.

whereas in the rest of the world football is a street game before anything else. natural selection operates at full throttle. football is played before school starts, at school during recess, in the street where kids say "car" when a car is coming through, in parks and parking lots and at the beach. it's a thing people do all day and everywhere, much like baseball used to be in the usa or maybe basketball in cities. there are no "soccer moms" because you play football to get away from your mom, your house, your teachers, and then you keep playing when you're old to get away from work or family or worries.

and then of course if you're good as a kid you might be 6 or 8 or 12 when you go play for a team that develops your talent with a view to professional work, and not with this bullshit college system of middle-class amateurs who are just trying to get free tuition so they can become lawyers or PE teachers.

FUCK COLLEGE.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|