View Single Post
Old 04.23.2013, 06:28 PM   #2911
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
ruthlessly efficient in destroying opponents

come on man, you're playing to the german stereotype. it's like the brazilian samba dancing thing.

there was a french muslim and a black austrian on the left wing, and there was a dutchman on the right, and they played fast, inspired, and dribbled like south americans. there was a spanish mule-faced beast that ruled the midfield (he must be basque cuz he ain't tiny). and sure, his partner (who also ruled) was this teutonic warrior type-- that just one. the header for the first goal came from a brazilian (dante). yes he didn't finish, it was mr. space-detective, who is a nerdy frogmouthed guy, all gangly like he isn't past puberty. this team is great, i love it because it's great, it has great players, and as a team they are malleable as hell, they can play beautifully and they don't just pass well, they also have power and speed and play as a whole-- except for robben who is a bit of a ball hog (but he's great).

it was the wings. it was going to be all along the wings. and height, and power and athleticism. i said so two weeks ago-- the center for barca (only up to a point, clearly), the wings for bayern.

i wish i could have read the zonal marking predictions ahead of time, they got the formation right (it was an obvious one), but the strategy was wrong (it wasn't possession vs. possession) except for the last paragraph--he got the last paragraph correct. this is it:

Quote:
It’s important to remember that despite their clever passers, Bayern still have pace and trickery on the flanks. Heynckes may decide a Kroos-less Bayern can’t quite win the midfield battle, and would be better with a more reactive approach than usual.

so, yes. wings!

barcelona had 62% possession and couldn't score. and bayern pressed magnificently, especially in the 2nd half when you'd have thought they'd be more tired, but they also sat back and let barca come to them. i don't think anybody expected ribery to play where he played-- on the attack he'd have to run this huge long sprints because he sat back so deeply going after messi. shit, everyone took turns marking messi.

okay im still kinda dizzy from this ha ha ha. but i like bayern more because they can pass almost as well as barcelona, but they can also run fast and duel in the air and shoot from afar and adapt to their opponent. hats off to heynckes, he did this. he captured my imagination last year, and after they beefed up their defense this year (javi martinez + dante) i knew they were heading for glory.

of course not all is said and done not yet no no no.

but next week: mandzukic is back! (and he can dribble better than gomez)

--

ps-- i really wanted pizarro to score a goal so i could post this:

pizza and wyngz!!! hell yeah.

maybe next week.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|