View Single Post
Old 04.22.2013, 12:08 AM   #17394
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
I prefer his earlier stuff as well. I guess he matured a lot as a filmmaker as he got older, and I don't see anything particularly wrong with that. Although I value his recent efforts on some level, his earlier work like Rabid, Scanners, The Brood, Videodrome, The Fly, Naked Lunch, Dead Zone, Crash etc. are all made with such energy and imagination. That seems to have vanished in his most recent stuff, as well as the spectral and outright bizarre atmospheres he used to construct. I really miss that, but as you know already, I thought Cosmopolis resembled that familiar style to some extent, but yeah... older Cronenberg is the best.

I love his reference to the three stigmata of palmer eldritch in "Existenz". I also haven't seen A Dangerous Method yet.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|