View Single Post
Old 03.29.2013, 07:19 PM   #41
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
-john ford: a lot of people agree with you

-QT: fuck, yes, ugh! but give him at least pulp fiction. i was brilliant when it came out.

-whedon: he's mainly a "snappy dialogue" guy. if that's not your thing, you haven't much reason to like him. i know his weaknesses (he's at times too derivative) but i still like him a lot though.

i'm not really knowledgeable enough to discuss music. had to wikipedia greg sage. can't think of anything i remember by the wipers. yes, that's popular in these boards...

ford: Maybe a lot of people do, but I was only basing my assumption on the lack of Ford discussions or even the lack of mentioning him and his films on the movies thread. Outside of this board, I'm sure there are many who consider him to be one of the greatest.

Tarantino: I couldn't even get into Pulp Fiction either to be honest. It had its entertaining moments, but it was mostly superficial and desperately emulative junk. Those are just my thoughts on it

And that's not to say I have anything against resembling other artists. However, when I watch his films, he seems like someone who gets carried away with his inspirations to the point where he lacks depth or a distinguishing factor. It comes off as a rehash of things rather than something that was merely inspired by other films or whatever. Hopefully you know what I mean..

Whedon: Despite what I said, I think he certainly has his moments. He's just hit or miss with me I suppose.

As for Sage... Straight Ahead is his only solo album I really liked. His work in the Wipers is very impressive though. In my opinion, he reached his zenith on Youth Of America..
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|