View Single Post
Old 02.09.2013, 10:13 PM   #94
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
the thing about this band and their albums is when i hear them for the time they're astonising. then the 'wow' effect fades after a number of listens.

like the first time a heard Pavement's Wowee Zowee. "wowee, the greatest music i've ever heard". then, fades. gets limp.

same could be said with Whiite Light White Heat. awesome the first couple of days. now i only play the last 2 tracks. still over ten years after i originally heard it.

wire's last two albums are like this also. powerful, but in the end i always listen to what i first thought was boring and bland. i seem to like music that unfolds over time.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|