View Single Post
Old 01.28.2013, 01:45 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
OMFG God, such friends.
are you not even embarassed to say 'THANK YOU' to this post?
This seriously make me feel ILL.

I'm not embarrased at tesla posting the absurd and insane comments about rape made by a nutjob politician. Are you just upset that the idiot who made them was a WOMAN and not a demonic man?
Quote:
who else are we supposed to blame? the victim?
it gets worse with each post, just stop.

no, it's not a "mutual" fight.
with every discrimination there is a group that is oppressed and one that gets advantages with that oppression.

they are not all "mutually" interested in the same thing (see this board for evidence).

You keep hijacking to dialogue with your exaggerations. My dear, PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE THE FUCK I SAID BLAME THE VICTIM? I am already pissed at how you misrespresented my comments and confused people on the other thread, and now you are trying to do it again?

No to blaming the victim, but thanks for jumping on the hyperbolically exaggerated strawmen arguments, you've been on a 27 page roll with those lately, deciding to attack your allies more then your enemies, burning bridges with the reckless abandon of some pubescant runaway. Check the scenario, I NEVER implied blame the victim, but rather blame the society. We are ALL in this together, we ALLOW rape like we ALLOWED slavery. We combat rape and sexual violence the SAME WAY we combatted slavery, as a community. We have to work TOGETHER to solve these problems, not pretend that as isolated and opposing encampments we can accomplish anything. What is worse, the more divided we are, the more the aggressors thrive in the chaos. We mute the aggression when we react in unison. We maintain unity by avoiding petty, egoistic in-fighting.

Again, you can't conflate ALL men with ALL rapists, that is the same mistake as conflating all white people in the 1860s with slavery. Freed slaves recall fondly that the 1860s produced perhaps one of the greatest generations of white people the world has ever known. The same can be true of men in the 21st century in the context of gender-relations, but it again has to be a matter of mutuality, not conflict. Women will not improve their status in our society through strict opposition to men in general, rather to violence. knox, it can't be men you are against, rather the rape culture. Trust that, men like myself if anything are ALL THE MORE equally opposed to this culture as you are, so work with your allies, or fail as a soloist, but society is about mutuality, not increasingly abritrary dividing lines...

Quote:
No, i'm not upset the asshole was a woman because i'm not the one making 'biological arguments' about assholism.

Never made the argument you are libelling against me, but that is ok, other people who actually READ my posts are well aware of that, but your hyperbolic strawman bashing of a caricature of my character is all the more revealing that you're letting your emotions destroy the credibility of anything you are arguing.

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|