View Single Post
Old 01.27.2013, 02:48 PM   #17077
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses

It's a great film by Woody Allen but flawed. I didn't have any major issues with the film, I just don't find most of it very funny and in terms of it's thematic statement, I easily prefer Fellini's La Dolce Vita.

Nonetheless, it's an interesting observation on the people we "choose to celebrate" and how the line between subject and object becomes clouded. One thing I picked up on was that the main character (played by Kenneth Branagh) acts exactly how you'd expect Woody Allen to act based on every role he has played in his own films. He's tense, stutters a lot, his mannerisms are identical to woody's, in the film he can't seem to make up his mind in regards to his love life... and it was just odd. It's like the guy was impersonating Woody Allen because perhaps Woody Allen playing the role himself wouldn't have been believable? I wonder if I'm the only one that even noticed this. Even though the acting was pretty much impeccable (all around), it bugged me for some reason.

The scene where the hooker uses a banana to demonstrate oral sex to the news reporter, and chokes on the banana made me laugh and cringe at the same time.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|