Thread: Makes me sad...
View Single Post
Old 07.21.2006, 12:49 PM   #8
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
I guess I would say the converse...that if it were an album by anyone else no one would much care for it, not that they'd be salivating. I know if it had been by anyone else I probably wouldn't have even taken the free copy. I totally agree that there are different phases of SY and that's what I love. I wouldn't want them to just do a second version of Evol anymore either. But I guess, to me, it seems like they're not exploring their songcraft, they're just sounding more and more like tons of other bands. That's what this phase seems more like to me: the "let's see what it's like to be a generic indie band" phase. "Sleepin' Around"? Come on. Weak. "Jams Run Free"? Nice, but sounds pretty much just like something off of Wowee Zowee minus the kookiness. Like I said, if it hurts to hear this stuff about your fave band, it hurts me to say it about mine too. "A Thousand Leaves" was absolutely GORGEOUS, but was still really really interesting, and completely unique. It really captured a feeling for me, whereas Ripped just kinda captures SY sounding generic. That's a phase that doesn't interest me (from any band, let alone SY).
Lipslikewindows is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|