View Single Post
Old 12.23.2012, 10:32 PM   #82
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
So would you really trust your kids' schoolteachers in a shootout not to hit your own children in the crossfire?

IF my child laid dead, not sure what difference it would make if the fatal shot came from an intruder or a teacher trying to protect the class......but in my scenario, I didn't envision a "shoot out."

I see a possibility of two options:

A) place your class in a corner / behind the teachers desk / file cabinets (whatever) and the teacher for that class room just protect her students. In other words, if the gunman didn't enter that particular classroom, that teacher wouldn't have to respond / use the weapon.

B) same as (A) but the teacher would venture out into the hallway closing the door behind her and would possibly use the firearm if the intruder walked down that hallway......not venturing throughout the school like a member of a S.W.A.T. team.

I realize that just because someone has their conceal carry doesn't mean they would actually squeeze the trigger when faced with the opportunity......it's rare, but even some police officers who graduate the academy are eventually demoted / removed from the force for failure to not being able to "draw down and fire."

Valid ID to purchase ammunition......me and my family wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm guessing a ban on all hand guns has a better chance of passing. Speaking of ammunition......it's becoming so costly that only the privileged / well to do will be able to afford it in large quantities.

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|