View Single Post
Old 12.22.2012, 07:42 PM   #66
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses

"American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten has described the call to station guards with guns at schools "both irresponsible and dangerous."

In a written statement issued Friday, Weingarten said, "Schools must be safe sanctuaries, not armed fortresses. Anyone who would suggest otherwise doesn't understand that our public schools must first and foremost be places where teachers can safely educate and nurture our students."

The school district where my kids attended / currently attend has had it's own police force for several years now. Understand, just because they are a I.S.D. police force, they still have full right to make arrest, issue citations and pull drivers over away from I.S.D. property. Local courts see no difference between a I.S.D. police force or a City Of police force.

Not once when entering my child's school have I ever felt like I was entering a fortress because I saw a police officer in the hallway. And guess what, not once have I ever felt like my childs school was a hospital becuase there is a nurse who has an office : )

I believe EVERY school is a safe sanctuary......until someone from the outside shoots out the glass door and enters without any possibility of anyone stopping him. Now, I do know of a few schools in Houston and I bet there several where SuchFriends lives where the school fence / walls are topped by razor wire......mostly to keep vandals out.....from the outside, these do appear to be fortresses.

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|