View Single Post
Old 11.16.2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
as you may or may not know, I have been drawing comic strips for the Daily Cougar, the campus newspaper here at the University of Houston where I now work.

The other day my boss was showing a new employee around, and commenting on the various staff here at the administration office. when he got to me, he mentioned how I am an artist and how I am a full fledged cartoonist.

He then said that he has had several moments where he is dumbfounded by what I have drawn, wondering what i all means, and said this, "sometimes I will be looking at one of his strips and I will think to myself, 'Is this guy on drugs? who have I hired?'"

Maybe I need to tone down the insanity on the strips.

I told him I was doing it "for the kids" here on campus!

I've never shown my bosses or the majority my colleagues any of my artwork until a couple of weeks ago because I am exhibiting some of it in our staff bar soon, and they have been very supportive so far. Some of them told me that they were surprised because I rarely talk about that side of myself, which got me thinking how glad I am of producing stuff in secrecy and, for the majority of the time, in isolation. But, yeah, I also got a couple of comments on how weird it all looks. For as long as they like it and possibly buy it I don't care if they think I take drugs or not. As it happens, I don't.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|