View Single Post
Old 10.26.2012, 11:24 PM   #20
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
i dont think that being against an airport pat down disqualifies being against other forms of oppression. i think that someone has a right to say that they do not wish to be felt up by a tsa agent and especially not to want their daughter's crotch to be grabbed. that has nothing to do with enlightenment culture, except that yet, people should be entitled to say whether they want to be felt up by a stranger or not.

and i quite often travel through the israeli airport, probably an airport with some of the tightest security and i have never been felt up or touched inappropriately ( i am however a white jewish male) which airports are the 90% that you were referring to?

That is the give away, ask an Arab about Israeli security, but then again, your a rather conscious Israeli so I'm sure you were well aware..

I am sorry if I am getting upset, but shit like this to me both trivializes the issues or rape culture and police-brutality in America. It seems every American wants to be a victim now. Fuck that. Real 14 year old girls are raped and molested by authority figures, including cops EVERY single day. This was not that. Real people are harrassed, beaten, or killed by dickhead power hungry law enforcement EVERY single day. Lets not trivialize these issues by even remotely comparing a matter of personal inconvenience at American airports...

I may have exaggerated the 90% part, but indeed at a lot of airports all over the world folks get a pat down. Is it inconvenient? Yes. Is it mandatory? Not always, only if you don't go through the x-rays or the sniffer booth. So they give you an option. Are TSA saints? Of course not. But again, whenever I am in an airport here in the US I can't help but laugh at how entitled Americans feel, and how their gripes are more often than not a matter of pride or laziness, not core aspects of freedom. Believe, nobody hates police-state authority or has a lack of trust for the government than me, but in all honesty, TSA pat downs at the airport are the least of my concerns. The local police were just exonerated by a federal judge for killing by shooting an unarmed person in the back, where is his freedom exactly? What does a pat-down have to do with that reality? I bet those same Americans crying about pat-downs are the same "law and order" motherfuckers who support their local police brutality with the "he probably deserved it attitudes"

motherfucking most Americans are inborn hypocrites, and have a culture oriented around convenience, not freedom. When push comes to shove, it is not the pat-down itself most people are upset about, it is the hassle and inconvenience. The woman and her daughter were given options, they choice neither. If it were my daughter, we'd be c-walking through the x-ray machine towards the A-group boarding and not wasting time to get a aisle seat...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|