View Single Post
Old 10.24.2012, 04:59 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
While indeed there is a strong underlying sentiment of rape culture in America, this is not an instance of it. This rather, is an example of American Exceptionalism and further the self-centered view of most Americans. In 90% of other airports around the world, getting a pat-down is no big deal. It is standard procedure in most public spaces. It is not personal, it is not vindictive, it is not morally irrehensible, it is a fact of living in a dangerous world. When I go to the bar or the club, I get a pat down. I don't accuse the doorman of being a fag, I just accept it as part of getting into the club. Would it be nice not to get the pat down? Probably. Is it anything personal? Hardly, dude is just doing his job. Are TSA security folks assholes? No doubt. Are they raping people with these pat-downs, seriously do I even need to ask that question

The vast and overwhelming majority of people in the world would think we were pussies for even crying about getting patted down at the airport, again, it is standard procedure in 150 other countries.. Further, in places where there really IS RAPE CULTURE such as in the Congo or Sierra Leone, women who were raped there would probably LAUGH out loud at the weakness of Americans in this regard. Such women have been raped, maimed, and assaulted, and they don't go around crying about inconveniences like a pat-down at the airport..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|