View Single Post
Old 10.16.2012, 05:28 PM   #1908
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i've only watched episode 1 completely and it was fun. rodgers's house is fucking huge and what an awesome pool he has, the fucking bastard. but i've had other episodes on while doing stuff around it, so i haven't completely paid attention. still, i find i enjoy what i see, and i want to make the time to watch all the other episodes.

the thing is, in term of story and characters it's not the most gripping thing, but i love the way the thing has been shot and edited. they've done a great job with that. even for handheld shit. so it's nice to watch, just like, the shots of people practicing, that kind of thing.

yes, rodgers is a bit dull with the speeches, but there are some other things that are nice/fun to watch. the guy who needs subtitles, hilarious, i don't know his name, but he's from liverpool and his dad works on a toll bridge and he goes by and honks and waves hello. there have been times when i have to turn the close caption cuz i don't know wtf people are saying.

then there's the minor drama of lucas leiva's knee, and the transfers, and shit like that. and gerrard comes across as a really nice guy btw, completely surrounded by girls at home--hilarious.

anyway, it's a bit of silly voyeurism, but it's been well done even though it's not life-altering drama, but i love the anthropological side of it all-- the fans, their stadium, the group dynamics-- the whole thing. it's better than watching the jersey shore or some other useless shit.

It's Jay Spearing whose dad works on the toll bridge. He talks about having to grow a beard to prevent him from looking like a child. And yeah, it's far more interesting on an anthropological level than anything strictly football related. It's too sanitised for that. Try and find the documentary, QPR: The Four Year Plan. That strikes me as being far closer to the reality of the Premiership. Better still, the Graham Taylor doc, Do I Not Like That about the ex England Manager. Red faces all round.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|