View Single Post
Old 07.25.2012, 11:02 AM   #1703
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Some teams/players you might want to consider:

I imagine most points will come from Man City and based on last season I imagine lots of people will pick some variation of Hart, Aguero, Silva and Kompany, although slightly cheaper but very high scoring last year were Ya Ya Toure and Lescott.

Man U are difficult because their midfield was crap last season but they pick up lots of clean sheets so any regular starting defender should be a good steady bet. Jones might be a good affordable option and when he's fit Johnny Evans. Up front, Rooney always gets points but at 12m he's not cheap, and can go through periods when he does nothing (FF wise).

Arsenal seems to be losing all its best players but they've just signed Podolski which might be interesting. But for me things are too unsettled there and most of their players are too expensive to justify the gamble. At this stage anyway. I generally feel the same about Spurs players right now, too, and for similar reasons Liverpool's (although they've still got some bargain defenders like Jose Enrique).

Chelsea are another one that could be good for clean sheets. Terry's expensive but a solid bet to start (assuming he's not banned by the FA) and gets the odd goal which bumps up his FF score. Cahill's another decent bet in defence.

One team that may have flown under your radar is Newcastle, who have some great defenders that're still quite cheap. Simpson, R Taylor and Collicini are particular bargains you might want to consider. And Krul is an excellent keeper. They were good up front too but their strike force now isn't the bargain it was last season.

Some players from other teams who had great seasons last year are Clint Dempsey for Fulhum. Immense. Maybe my favourite player last season. Liverpool and Man U want him and he's expensive but he plays a lot and can score like a striker (while gaining the extra points as a midfielder). Love Love Love him. Also, from the newly promoted teams (and therefore exceptionally cheap) Mark Noble isn't even West Ham's best player but he takes 99% of their penalties and is lethal at them so could potentially pick up a lot of points that way. Also, if you're running out of money, Kembe for Reading is another solid cheap midfielder while Ricky Lambert for Southampton is a good cheap standby up front.

But it's all guesswork. Players you've never heard of suddenly emerge as must haves after a few weeks, while plenty of last season's bankers inevitably fall by the wayside.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|