View Single Post
Old 06.27.2012, 11:01 PM   #1637
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Silva's been awful in every game bar the one against Ireland and as you say, Negredo didn't work at all. I do think Xavi was a bit anonymous though (as he has been for most of the tournament) and probably justified his substitution - especially as I actually think Pedro did ok. As Bertrand mentioned in an earlier post, Spain seem to improve when they sub in some younger blood. But none of their attacking options, even (dare i say it?) Iniesta, are really doing it.

xavi wasn't his best but he's good on attack and defense and communicates well with iniesta and maybe silva could have gone instead.

pedro did nothing by the end of regulation time and only really appeared at the very end of the first overtime when he created a nice play out of the left corner but it came to nothing. then he missed a chance to score--idiotic. then he did some other stuff but he did it while everyone else around him was exhausted-- a kind of silva vs. ireland situation.

the substitute who did best in my eyes was actually navas. well, fabregas for negredo too but that was a wasted substitution.

re: their attack: i see iniesta as more of a playmaker, much like pirlo or ozil. sure all of them can score, and do, but it's more out of opportunity than from playing in a goalscoring position; and while iniesta is as versatile as it gets loves to shoot on goal he's not striker material.

the thing is, italy has balotelli and di natale and cassano (and diamanti, who can fill his shoes); germany has klose and gomez and mueller and schürrle and reus and podolski; spain has... silva? nice dribbling but totally melts down when facing the goal. negredo? couldn't do a thing. torres? in del bosque's shit list. llorente? hasn't played even once. fábregas is great but he isn't a natural forward. like you i think they will have trouble in the final. and i hope it's with germany! they have a great midfield but also they have lots of attacking options, as they showed against greece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
!@#$%!

you misunderstood my casual abuse of syntax and grammar.

I didn't say the game was predictable, if anything Portugal's defense at shutting out Spain for the first time in 17 games was quite surprising. what was predictable my friend, was that Portugal took a dive ala Lebron 2010 and 2011

uh? who? i'm sorry man, i don't know anything about professional basketball nor cabrón james; the only dive i saw from portugal was cronaldo's, and he got a yellow card for it, the fucking clown.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|