View Single Post
Old 06.03.2012, 11:15 AM   #16132
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
The problem with it is how nothing of much importance really takes place in it. It is strictly the "beginning" of Batman, and nearly the entire film is centered around this. I don't know, obviously things started to get going in The Dark Knight, and I expect it to reach it's highest point in the next (last) one. It's an excellent cast, well written, some of the action scenes were very well crafted. For some reason, its art direction doesn't hold up too well for me since the time I saw it initially. It certainly feels a lot.. smaller than the other batman movies (good or bad thing?). It has a special place for me because despite being too long, there are many promising moments and I easily expect it to be the best live action adaptation we'll ever get of Year One (yeah, it isn't identical, but it takes a lot from it... at least from a thematic stance). Christopher Nolan is very clever, and usually delivers enough to entertain me to some degree.

Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|