View Single Post
Old 06.02.2012, 10:01 AM   #16123
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Maniac was filmed in NYC wasn't it? in 1980 I think. I've only seen it once, but loved every second of it. From the number of movies I've seen from that decade, there was a real murky and surreal atmosphere that emanated from that place... I'm not sure if I'd enjoy a number of films as much if it weren't for that mood. I've always related to that ugliness (for lack of a better term, I mean this in the best way possible). Add the solitary approach with those gritty cityscapes and it's what I look for. Interesting that you mentioned it... I think it's the only release I've seen by the director. Great movie that goes beyond the surface, how the hell did I forget about it?

Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|