View Single Post
Old 04.12.2012, 02:21 PM   #28
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Anyway, the few thoughts I can articulate about Lee Ranaldo's recent performance in Mexico City: I saw every band, and really think they all gave their very best. Kurt Vile And The Violators and Wild Flag were incredible, with so much energy; but they were followed by City And Colour who preceded Lee Ranaldo on the bill, and that was an anticlimax to me. It really bored the living shit out of me, I almost got asleep. A lot of people were really excited by that performance, though. When they were over and Lee got onstage to set up his gear and do soundcheck, I felt that my soul returned to my body. He kind of glows. He was in a happy, talkative mood and that made me happy, too. His set was short but sweet and heavily focused on songs from "Between The Times And The Tides", an awesome cover of The Talking Heads' "Thank You From Sending Me An Angel" was performed as well but he didn't dwell in any of his Sonic Youth songs. He shared candid background stories behind some of the songs, too (wait to hear the recording). The show has reached a climax on the last two songs which had some bursts of noise. It really seemed that the best was to come but Lee announced that "Waiting On A Dream" would be the last one due to time constraints. I'm sad to find out I missed "Genetic", but on the other hand I'm really grateful that Lee was able to play these new songs here, with so much energy and great vibes.

Here's some pictures from the evening: