View Single Post
Old 04.03.2012, 05:46 AM   #495
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
My main concern with guns is that there are no second thoughts. If you get "enraged" and start beating someone up it can took quite a while to KILL, you could even change your mind or be stopped before you actually murder someone. With a gun, you pull the trigger and it's done, the other guy coul be dead in a second, and no one would be able to stop you in time nor save him.

Really stupid comparison between cars and guns.
Cars are not built to kill people, they have another purpose, in case you didn't notice. Lots of things can kill by accident (especially when used by stupid people). But guns are built for killing people. Period. Unless you live like Homer in that simpsons episode.

No one can really stop a drunk driver for passing out at the wheel on the interstate during rush hour resulting in numerous fatal accidents. Also, guns aren't intended to kill people, either. Of course they can kill people, but so can explosives which are far easier for some kid to build in his garage. Guns, in most cases, are used as a deterrent (as I've said countless times, most that might be considering a crime against one with a gun are more likely to reconsider whatever crime. If one doesn't own a gun, less likely to reconsider crime). NOT considering war, I bet guns (not fired) have stopped more crimes from occurring than actual incidents to where triggers have been pulled.

And dude...cars seriously do not always kill by accident. The things are basically large drivable bullets and have been used as such. maybe not as much as guns, but it's happened. Where do you draw the line?

And, how would stricter gun laws change anything? Do you feel strict drug laws make a serious difference? Where there is a demand, there will always be a supply. Guns have been around a long time, homie. I doubt they are going anywhere anytime soon...but still, feel free to dream away.

Guns, in most cases, are used for self protection. A VERY small percentage of folks that own a gun ever actually pull the trigger while pointing it at someone else. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE, period.