View Single Post
Old 07.15.2006, 01:05 AM   #24
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
I absolutely love Fearless Freaks. One of the best band documentaries ever made. It really let me get inside the heads of the band. One of the things I had a problem with (and this is really only a minor one) is that they didn't really discuss much about Ronald Jones or Jonathon Donahue. They just reference Jones' brilliance and say he left because of Drozd's heroin addiction. ANd they just say Donahue left because of power issues and focused on his onvolvement in Mercury Rev. I really wanted to know more about these two wonderfully talented band members because I feel that they really helped define the Flaming Lips' sound and propelled them to levels that I doubt the band could have arrived at without their involvement. Anyone else agree?

I haven't seen it but would agree wholeheartedly with that point!! I read some info on the Flips message board about the movie and I think Ronald didn't want to be on it...still reclusing...

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|