View Single Post
Old 02.29.2012, 01:57 PM   #2878
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=!@#$%!]let's fucking burn and destroy culture!]

I was going to write, "This is all academic. Read what you dig and fuck the rest," but this makes sense too. Glad you slept. There are much more important things to get worked up over than this stuff. (And I write this as someone who bleeds literature.)

One little item: I knew absolutely nothing about Z. Smith when I first read White Teeth, and I assumed she was Indian!

I think ethnic writers choose to write about their ethnicity. Or not. I mean, Paul Auster's Jewish but you'd never know it by reading the fiction.

And even explicitly Jewish writers, for example, take a break now and then. I guess I'm thinking of Bellow's Henderson the Rain King which is not the least bit "Jewish," but there are lots of other examples.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|