View Single Post
Old 02.28.2012, 02:14 PM   #59
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
The price of gas is determined by the Government at hand. Not only has our current President halted off shore drilling,

You mean this halting to the drilling?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sc...-drilling.html

Bytor, you really believe the government determines the price of gas? I'm sorry but I have to say no, that's not correct. At least not in the USA. Sure the govt adds to the cost with taxes. Oil pumped in the US is sold on the free market at the prevailing rate. The gas companies determine how much an area can pay, it has nothing to do with cost. That's why I find the cheapest gas in the middle of Vermont - but its 10-20% more the closer I get to Manhattan. Logic would suggest that with 1. economies of scale and 2. NYC being so close to the depots prices would be less than in the middle of nowhere where the gas has to be trucked in.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|