View Single Post
Old 02.23.2012, 07:14 PM   #41537
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Okay back to AUTOMATIC by the Jesus Chain Gang

From Pitchfork. Yeah, I hate Pitchfork. Fuckers rate Auto and Honey's Dead pretty low. Fuck them. But the reviews are interesting anyway:

Automatic (1989): Conventional wisdom wrongly calls this the dud. With the band reduced to the brothers only, things go artificial: The drum machine is foregrounded, the bass is played on keyboards, the feedback’s on vacation. In that space, the Reids take their biggest shot at doing full-on pop, something that-- on a global alternative classic like the Pixies-covered “Head On”-- feels like a career peak. The rockier album cuts get pretty turgid, and both Reids start to feel like parodies of themselves, but at points they fall into a synthetic rock grind that’s almost industrial-- fascinating, in a time-capsule kind of way. [ME: At times?! Fuck you. All through this album, fuckwads. Just because these guys got the balls to rock and you don't... . I mean, does your wife ever let you get to play the stereo LOUD!? Fuck you, you pathetic pitchfork loser.]

Honey’s Dead (1992): Conventional wisdom wrongly calls this the return to form, mostly because they got a drummer and wrote some lively tunes. The problem is that the well-recorded feedback and effortful Jagger yowling here sound like two guys straining to be cool, the exact thing that Psychocandy evaded. It’s also their first fully contemporary grunge-era record, so if you wanted to hear a rock band try, you could just buy something current. [ME: Again, a big fuck you. Did you LISTEN to this record? Do you have BLOOD in your veins? Are you a zombie? Do you know how to fuck, you fuckwad?]