View Single Post
Old 02.02.2012, 08:11 PM   #149
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee is Free
Can I chime in here for a minute? I don't begrudge anybody their opinion but some of this discussion is so off base (yes, suchfriendsaredangerous, I'm looking yr way, for one...) that I just have to respond. It s correct, when we were coming up we would never have spent $£€ on gtrs like these-- we were only gonna beat em up, why buy new ones when there were so many used ones out there at good prices? We never spent more than a few hundred dollars on instruments, becuz we couldn't afford it but even later when we could, it seemed crazy t pay the kind of prices new gtrs sold for, even then. But back then you could get the real REAL vintage Jazzmstrs (like late 50s/early 60s--no shit) for a few hundred bux. Before the market for "vintage gtrs" became insane (which is why I still don't own a nice 50s-60s oD-18 or D-28...grrr). And I will agree that many of the sig gtrs out there are just glory-branding for the companies, made in Japan or whatev, and not always very good. BUT I have t say that the Lee'n'T models were built to our (and our tech guys) exacting specs, and w Fenders full cooperation to build a pair of gtrs that were as close as possible to what we play onstage. Which is why I play mine at every SY gig, in the mix w all my other 'blasters, both vintage and recent (in fact I have quite a few recent, Made is USA ones, like my coral and green ones, that are, to me, as good as the old ones...), and it certainly holds its own against any of them. That, and the fact that gtrs go for crazy money today, accounts for why ours are not cheap---all made-in-usa and quality parts to our specs... Just sayin, folks...

--Lee
So now I have been called out by both Jim and Lee directly and personally on SYG, my relationship with SY is completed and my legacy secured

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|