View Single Post
Old 07.12.2006, 02:56 PM   #50
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Also, it is not a trend to dislike Rather Ripped. The few people who dislike it most likely don't like it because the genuinely don't like it! Is that so hard to grasp? It's not that great of an album! It's natural for some people to dislike some music, even by bands they really love. I love Neil Young, but I hate Trans. Just because you love one musician/band doesn't mean you have to automatically love everything they release. You have to be realistic about it all. Really take a step back and examine the music for all that it is for better or for worse.

I love Sonic Youth. I really, truly do. But when I listen to Rather Ripped, I can't help but think that Sonic Youth aren't at the top of their songwriting game on this one. They have what are the makings of good songs, but are never fully realized beyong what may essentially be considered the "early stages" of the songs. If the album was just a demo, then ok; I can understand. But the whole thing just seems so weakly produced and never really fleshed out.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|