View Single Post
Old 11.01.2011, 06:06 AM   #159
bloodcrystallisetosand
bad moon rising

bloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
I just didn't expect to see so many low scores. I figured most of us would love at least 90% of their albums, disliking 1 per person at most. I'm not judging, or saying we should all love everything. Just surprised a bit.

But the thing with SY is that there are different song writers with, at times, hugely contrasting styles: my low rating for ATL is because the Kim songs on it are shite. She has done some cracking stuff - Kissability is the sexiest anti-sexism song ever, hands down - but each writer appeals to different people and each writer has personal peaks and troughs of quality. Hence DDN being the 'perfect' SY album - all 3 writers were on killer form throughout. Hence the chap a couple of messages back saying his fave track is Rain on Tin (good call btw) but that Murray Street as a whole is a 7.
bloodcrystallisetosand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|