View Single Post
Old 10.31.2011, 09:45 AM   #17
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I like the Black Keys more than Stripes altough I´m not a big fan, I have only Brothers. In my opinion Brothers is much stronger entity than any of Stripes albums I´ve heard.

Eh... difference of opinion, I guess. White Stripes came first. White Stripes were more interesting, and Jack White is definitely a better guitarist and song-writer than what'shisname from the Keys.

I haven't heard a lot of Keys, but to me they seem like a slightly blusier Fu Manchu or at best QOTSA. It's stoner rock, more influenced by Sabbath than Zeppelin.

Show me some of their good shit and maybe I'll at least tip my hat to them. As of now, they're just sitting in Jack's massive shadow, and always will be unless I'm shown something worthwhile.

Plus, the Keys have become a mainstream party rock band. Also, whenever I say their name I feel like I"m saying "Blackies", and that's weird.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|