View Single Post
Old 07.11.2006, 08:29 AM   #33
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
further evidence of Zappa's influence on TROUT MASK REPLICA:

"Zappa explained the unusual circumstances of the recording in 1993: 'I was in the studio mixing some other tapes, and the band that's actually playing on "The Blimp" is actually The Mothers Of Invention. The vocal on "The Blimp" was recorded by telephone. He had just written these lyrics, and he had one of the guys in the band recite it to me over the phone. I taped it in the studio, and recorded it onto the piece of tape that I had up at the time, which was my track. The piece is called "Charles Ives." We used to play it on the '68-'9 tour.'"

sounds like a classic ZAPPA TRACK if you ask me.

Next.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|